Who is Coach Nick Gies?
- Expert in Athlete Specific Strength and Conditioning, Personal Training & 2nd Phase Rehabilitation
- Rugby and Track sporting background (Wannabe boxer lol!)
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology (University of Alberta)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Undertaking Professional Doctorate of Elite Performance
- 7+ years training elite athletes, teams and general population
Who has he worked with?
UFC Fighter – “Mean” Hakeem Dawodu
Pro Boxer – Steve “The Dragon” Claggett
2019 NHL Draft Pick – Peyton Krebs (#17 overall)
Pro Golf, National Muay Thai & MMA, CFL, WHL, and other high level Amateur and Varsity athletes
Youth athletes (as young as 6) from various sports
Pre- and Post-Surgery Rehabilitation (ACLs, Hip Replacement etc.)
Numerous sports teams and organizations
People from all walks of life, particularly those with chronic pain issues (i.e., back pain, knee pain, frozen shoulder etc.)
Coach Matt Howatt has been heavily involved in sports from an early age, which has been a significant piece of his coaching development. A multi-sport athlete in high-school, competing in hockey, basketball, and track & field, Matt developed a tremendous work ethic and an elite performance mindset. His main passion was for hockey where he also found his greatest success. He won a provincial gold medal and four straight league championships playing for the Okotoks Bisons.
This passion for sports led Matt to peruse a Health and Physical Education Degree from Mount Royal University and a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) certification. Matt has also had the opportunity to develop his coaching skills under coaches perusing Doctorates and Masters that are revolutionizing sprinting and jumping concepts in the field of Strength and Conditioning. He believes that sport plays an essential role in an individual’s development, and that strength and conditioning is a critical aspect in determining athletic success.
- Bachelor’s degree In Sports Studies & Athletic Development
- 10+ years coaching experience
- Background in Powerlifting / Olympic Weightlifting
Who Has He Worked With?
- Powerlifters on the Provincial, National, and World Level
- Youth athletes (As young as 7 years old) from a variety of different sports
- Varsity Football, Basketball, Rugby, and Hockey players
- Montreal Alouettes (CFL)
- WHL Hockey Players
- Intercontinental Kickboxing Federation Champion
- Golden Gloves Boxing Champion
- National Record Holding Para-Swimmer