Calgary's Best Boxing Club
New Video Shoot
Procedures for Southpaw Boxing Gym Re-Opening During Covid 19 issues
- Do you have new/worse cough or shortness of breath?
- Are you feeling feverish or have had shakes or chills in the last 24 hours? (> 38 degrees Celsius)?
- Are you or someone that lives with you currently self-isolating?
- Has anyone in the home had influenza-like symptoms within the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone you’ve come in contact with travelled within the last 14 days? Where?
- Have you had contact in the last 14 days with a sick person?
Please note we must take every member temperature with a temperature gun when you come to the gym.
Rules to follow
- Will ask that everyone has a Face Mask and Protective Gloves with them
- Equipment should not be lent out EI (Gloves, Head Gear Etc.) please ensure you have your own. See us if this is an issue.
- Please be 5 minutes early for Classes
- Classes must be booked previously to you coming to the gym as space will be limited.
- Drop ins will be possible if space is available, however, it is best to book, and you might be turned away if you haven’t booked and no space is available.
- You must wait outside for the instructor to come gather you for your class and ensure you are registered, as they will take attendance
- All students and Clients will be asked to take a few minutes at the end of the class to clean the equipment used
- Ensure you bring your drinks in as water fountains are currently unavailable
- Please come dressed for class because locker rooms and showers are currently unavailable
- We ask that if you use the washroom, you clean it after use with the provided cleaning supplies.
- Maintain proper social distancing whenever possible
- Must sign a waiver to use the facility if you have not signed a waiver all the implied terms of any waiver apply if you choose to enter the facility.
We may from time to time change the rules to ensure each of our members are kept safe, our primary concern is for you and your safety as well as the safety of our staff.
Covid 19 Update
June 15, 2020
I am sure most of you have heard the news that we are able to return in Phase 2, and no one is more excited to get started then we are to see you all again. We want to thank all of the members who were kind enough to generously continue to help us during the shut down, your probably the only reason we are actually able to return. (big round of applause)
We do have quite a few things we need to address before we can officially open the doors and because we have to ensure we follow the strict protocols set out, we are planning to re-open on Monday June 18th, 2020.
We thank you for your patience, and support and want everyone to know we will officially start billing again on July 1st 2020.
We are working hard to ensure our cleaning, and sanitization methods are in place for everyone to return to a safe and happy facility.
Covid 19 Information
March 17, 2020
Hello Southpaw Crew,
Hope your all doing well and have been safe.
We appreciate your support through these hard times and we intend to return as strong as ever the minute the government allows us.
We are able to suspend membership payments if you have fallen on tough times, but you are required to send us a notification by email to suspend. Please use our email address email@example.com
If you already sent a email to us to suspend, we have taken care of your request.
Please also note if we do not receive and email to suspend we are assuming you are here to support us in these times and will use your generous support to ensure we are able to return as strong and as fast as possible.
We miss you, love you and hope to return very soon.
Southpaw Boxing Gym.
Hard work. Dedication. Motivation. Experienced, mindful trainers who knows what it takes to win. These are just some of the things a boxer needs to take home victories. At Southpaw Boxing gym we have all of the above.
Unlike many gyms that focus on a variety of sports, we only Focus on Boxing. We are one of Calgary’s only true boxing gyms, and the belts hanging on our wall shows our commitment to excellence.
Pre-Register for our NEW CLASSES and see our NEW DAYTIME hours
We Are Calgary’s Boxing Club for those that are Serious…
We are that gym!
We are a mix of dedicated people, young and not so young, who are all here for the same purpose: to improve and achieve our goals, whatever they may be.
Whether you are looking for a new fitness challenge, or that extra edge to take your technique to the next level, Southpaw has a ring for you.
Boxing brings so many new and amazing things into your life, a sense of direction, a commitment to always be pushing myself, the ability to adapt to a changing world, a drive to always be your best. Everything you do day to day can in some way be related to your time in a boxing club. Its makes us stronger, driven and dedicated in all aspects of life. Come visit the Southpaw Boxing Gym and Golden Stars Boxing Team, and change your life.